Welcome to Dr. Richard D. Lappen where our patients come first!
Dr. Richard D. Lappen is dedicated to the improvement and remediation for patients with visual difficulties. Every time we help another patient receive the care he or she is looking for we have made a difference one patient at a time.
Whether we are helping an adult, who has been visually challenged their whole life, or a child just starting out, we never get tired of comments such as: "For the first time in my life, I am able to use my eyes without strain or struggle." Whether on the sports field, in school or at work in front of a computer, vision is a vital part of life.
Our job is to help our patients to meet and exceed their potential, both visually and academically. This is accomplished through a wide variety of treatment programs. The purpose of Dr. Richard D. Lappen is to provide exceptional vision care in a friendly, caring and competent way.
Our office takes most insurance and specializes in the following:
- Comprehensive Eye Exams
- Work Space Analysis
- Near Point Comfort
- Comprehensive Diagnostic Applied Vision Skills Testing
- Reduction and or Elimination of the need to wear glasses
- Academic Support including: IEP participation, Report Generation, Advocacy, Educational Setting Counseling, Academic Diagnostic Testing, Teacher Meetings, Educational codes and Guidelines compliance
- Lasik correction
- Play Attention Bio feedback program designed to treat symptoms as they relate to: ADD, ADHD, Alzheimer's / Dementia and Traumatic Brain Injury patients
- Diagnostic and Treatment of Ocular Health including Corneal Molding, Diagnostic and treatment of Ocular Disease, Ocular Trauma, family vision care including, pediatrics, adults and geriatrics
- Glasses including single vision, bifocals, progressives, sports goggles, Gunnar computer glasses and sunglasses
- Reduction of visual fatigue
- Sports Vision
- Contact Lenses
- Vision as it relates to Academics
- Vision Therapy
- Colored overlays and filters designed to improve the brain's ability to see and understand visual information